Saturday, February 18, 2017

about 5pm the massive darkness blots out the sun and i find myself in a car park loading up on supplies. as i'm transferring coconut water into the boot i stop momentarily and take in the landscape above me. the blue skies have just become one mass of pulsing throbbing black, dense with electrical activity, i can feel it on the ends on my fingers, somewhere in the brain a reptilian circuit flips on, and i know i need to get home fast.
the drive is congested and a few massive drops of rainfall hit the screen, a bolt of lightening streaks down followed by hideous thunder.
i watch the lightning, it's not just impressive, it's awesome and having once been struck by it makes me fear. logic dictates i am very safe in my capsule but none the less i can't wait to get home. 
massive vibrations of sound, war zone above me, the situation is grim. the bolts now are a few seconds apart and light up the valley, searing their way across the skies and downwards, searching me out. i put my switch on my thrusters and find my way home. 
transfer the goods before the deluge, light candles, lock doors and windows and wait. 

No comments: