Monday, June 06, 2016

wow, that was some storm, battered the land and caused havoc. my garden is a mass of tangled banana palms and ferns, massive tree branches litter the grass and my pond was in need of a clean. the streets are filled with debris, it looks bad but when you drive around at 6am it's like another planet. there are waterfalls everywhere, it's like driving through a vaguely recognisable underwater civilisation. i have to find some food, coffee, my house has no power.
my XV negotiates the terrain, i'm blasting some bowie and have the heat turned up. 
later when the power returns a visitor calls around, she's drenched. i offer her a shower and a towel and a bed. one things leads to another. that's the way i roll these days. she says goodbye and i go back to sleeping, my strange dreams, my nocturnal escape routes where it's dry and the sun shines.

No comments: