Thursday, June 30, 2016

fuck me, how strange life is. it really is absurd and surprising. okay about two years ago after much nagging from my son about the terrible sate of my finances and my struggle with cash i sought the advice of a financial service. i met with a guy i really liked, we hit it off instantly and although he was a suit and spoke in numbers we connected on music. anyway he convinced me he would be the person to look after my affairs, which to be honest i really did need. so i handed over my super and he loaded it into some investments, he tweaked a few things and started educating me on basics about the markets. look, it's fucking roulette okay, it goes up and down and an astrologer stands just as much chance of making money by consulting stars. worse than that, it's a gamble. a roulette wheel.
so chance, fate and i being good friends all jumped into bed, so to speak.
my main man put my investments in some safe spots and everyday i read the markets and followed the news, i tapped into the fucking markets, it's like me travelling to jupiter. another world. but i began to understand it's all about data, global information aligns itself in the nexus of the markets. everything on earth plays a part in the markets, natural disasters, politics, technology, economies all flutter around the light of the stock exchange. its a joke we build a system like this, it's almost insane but thats the sun finance revolves around and seeing as though superannuation is compulsory here in australia, i may as well get involved. 
so pre financial advice my cash was in some govt. health fund, it's now in some huge broker where i am in control. 
so i let my advisor deal with it but over a period of time i began to notice certain companies i liked looking for investors. now i kinda did the opposite of most people and avoided the big mining companies, i like the more innovative ones, alternative tech, more experimental companies. so i started ringing up my man, 'buy buy sell sell,' yeah i get him to look into some of my suggestions and he, being all skilled up, advises me. 
we have both agreed i am on the pulse, i've become very acute at investing in companies at a low price and selling when they are higher. this is the key, warren buffett says this is all you need to know about stocks and shares and captain mission says he's right. the problem is most people are greedy and want large profits, the secret is small profits but lots of them. anyway's i'm in the fucking market now, who would have thought i'd be good at it. today i even attended a seminar run by my broker attended by about 30 people. the talk was about the volatility in the next few years, man it's going to be a bumpy ride, not much growth anywhere and i was surprised that the guest speakers ideas about the future were exactly the same as mine. 
well it's very strange being in this new place, learning new things that i never thought i would ever learn let alone be interested in.   
    

No comments: