Monday, March 14, 2016

from their perspective i am like a virus unleashed within their system. a sleeper with my occult background and expertise. i'm very highly trained and keep it under my hat.
there have been spikes in my time amongst them, moments where they see i am different, an anomaly. moments when they have had to move me somewhere else for fear. i've even been told i get on to well with the clients. yes, i don't care where they place me, for i know my purpose and destiny and it does not scare me.
i work amongst the fear, the dept. of fear, secrecy is how they get away with it, a massive strata of middle management covering up mistakes and leaks. pages of policy and procedures banks of gibberish posing as data. the dept. work on the economic rationalistic principles which is code for abolish the customer / client. so if you have a disabled son / daughter in a state run facility be warned, they don't have the clients interests at heart. 
sure it looks like they do, through smoke and mirrors. which is why in the paper today i read that there is an epidemic of abuse in care. this is not news to me. it's what my job is, to expose abuse. so as a virus in a closed system i have to hide myself well, concealed for years i observe, make assessments and collect information. as a virus i am evolving, each time i strike the host it adapts, either moves me somewhere else, degrades or humiliates me or changes my working conditions, specifically my roster.
or the system reenforces itself with the usual bureaucratic ostrification. it's a dumb system so it can't out manoeuvre me, it's run by stupid people who can't help but do stupid things. only stupid people rise within it.
so here i am, a virus. i have struck hard and now infection control races around me in panic. 
the clock is ticking and i'm yet to see them make a good move, one i can respect.     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant piece of writing. Remember the true nature of a virus is to multiply and mutate faster than the host organization can. The cells you seed do not need to know they have been seeded.