Monday, March 10, 2014

stuck in a logic cube its familiar oppression closes in incrementally. you don't notice at first, its slight changes in the ionosphere, murmurs in the aura, subtle sub sensory shifts to discrete environmental factors. 
the technology you carry is primitive, it's not sensitive to the kind of microscopic fluctuations that the logic cube imposes, you have the trusty moon powered zap gun at your side but it's powerless to defeat logic resonance. 
i was in a deep meditation, transfiguration of the eternal moment, an inverted time loop formed and i began to stretch it into a longer loop, thus thwarting time itself and perhaps the infiltration of the logic cube by proxy. the strategy was one of desperation as my meditation dissolved before me and my weakness began to get the better of me, self pity, anger, fluid stupidity. i put the zap gun to my head and considered the greatest escape but within moments the hands of fate had reached out and wrested the gun from my hand.
fate had the face of a familiar stranger, forever on the tip of recall, forever evasive.
the hands of fate had disarmed me and now guided me into their care, revealing the face of fate, a strange inversion of my own.
i looked into my negative self and thought deeply about how fickle chance is to only offer the negative polarity, nothing in between, there are no shades of grey in a logic cube.
i attempted to communicate with my face of fate but every word was met by another thus the two voices speak as one incomprehensible mish mash of sounds independently coherent but heard in union indistinguishable. i was perplexed, why the elaborate hoops to jump, the maze of paradoxes but as i shouted my frustration the face of fate just shouted back.
it took me 10 mins to get to the venue, and within the hour i was listening to the liberating sound of australian music played by the awesome steve kilbey, mark gable and richard ploog.
the logic cube shattered at the first chord, yeah i could breath, what an incredible inspired set list, familiar songs from paul kelly, hunters and collectors, the easybeats, angus and julia stoned and many more including the pinnacle of australian music the church, oh joy. 
around me lay the burnt out embers and residual dark energy, remnants from the cube, smouldering heat and vapours, burnt out circuitry and quantum machinery.
i picked up some pieces, they were warm to the touch and some glowed with soft radiation, some parts felt metal and others plastic, fragments from containment weaponry, looks like i was saved in the nick of time.
can't wait to see this show again, i'll have to make it to the vanguard gig next month.



  





No comments: