Sunday, March 23, 2014

in in the city today, train ride in passes like compression time, i've got my head stuck in a great big book, immersed like a fish in water. 
when i wander out off the station i notice my shoes have fallen apart, split right down the seams, fabric tearing up, stitching come undone, yeah literally falling away from my feet. it's like the beginning of a bukowski novel without the drinking, i just feel pathetic and stupid, a clothing malfunction i think they call it. 
i head over to newtown where i meet olga and val.
'you gotta help me man, i need some sensible shoes, look at these ones.'
i display the shreds upon my feet.
olga, the queen of sensible shoes takes me to a trendy king street shoe shop and i buy myself a fantastic pair of casual canvass boots, super comfortable, grey green perfect fit thanks to a lovely sales person who was very helpful, how refreshing that is.
so val, olga and i have a great rave, we eat himalayan food in a beautiful restaurant, amazing palak paneer, the spinach is a beautiful rich shade of green, i can't stop looking at it, fresh and vital and i did feel very comfortable in my new boots almost as though i had been wearing them all my life.
we wander along the crowded night street, have coffee down in some quaint natural coffee shop near the station, swap some ideas around, laugh a little, i tell a story about a girl i was in love with once and then i get the train back up the coast feeling happy to have seen my friends, to be wearing these comfortable new boots reading my big book again.
  

No comments: