Tuesday, September 24, 2013

in the early hours of the morning i woke up from a very deep sleep, i wandered down to the garden to check the light, the birds were just starting up, cacophony of rainforest type sounds, these birds are there, they come out one after another, revealing themselves from the thick forest of leaves and trees, but you hear before you see. some sound like monkeys, i imagine myself in my madagascan utopia, libertaria feeding the lemurs, bananas and slices of coconut meat, i see myself incrementally building a bridge to the lemur heartland, a frontier man making first contact, they come out at the edge of night, the ghost lemurs and their big eyes.
a unique australian sound snaps me from my dream, kookaburras are the punk rockers of the bird kingdom, i see one sitting on my gate, several parrots appear, a black cockatoo swoops down, suddenly the bushland is alive, sounds dart across my local atmosphere, unpredictable noise shift, colour flashes, the activity begins, pan wanders over to sit with me, as we watch the birds morning rituals, still the sun has not risen but it's coming, you can see the in between time, the time to feed in the first light, drink it down deep like those gurus who never eat food, but they live on light, like a plant. amazing. spoilt by a demanding dog who needs his breakfast and the idea of a bowl of porridge and some mashed up banana with cinnamon.  


No comments: