Thursday, August 01, 2013

slowly, day by day captain mission climbs out of credit card debt, it's going to take a few more months but i'm getting closer, and once it's done, that's it, my card gets chopped up and snorted up a bankers nose as long as i don't ever have to see it again. it did save me when i needed some cash but i can't allow myself to be in debt, it makes my head hurt, eating away like some cannibalistic concept, munching on my fucking mind.
anyway's i'm slowly getting there but there will be no holidays, no extra books, cds and dvds, no treats for me, unless it's the church related treat, i have to have something to feed my spirit, fortunately i have a vast collection of unread novels i am working my way through.




i just finished the expanse trilogy, old school space opera stuff with fantastic characters, cracking dialogue and an interesting page turning story that moves along at quiet a pace. kept me outta trouble for a few weeks, i've just started andrew pypers 'lost girls' which so far is brilliant, not sure what genre it is, but it could be a courtroom drama type thing although the prologue seemed like a southern gothic novel, intriguing. 

No comments: