Sunday, February 24, 2013

the dreams wake me up, it's him, dr. crack, back from the dead, to say his goodbyes. i wander around the house it's 3am and all is quiet, stillness. even the wind and rain that has been battering my roof for two days has ceased. i sit down and think about the my friend, such a loss. my whole world was shaken by his sudden departure and the fact he just left me. i say goodbye to him and go back to sleep.
the mornings i go looking for a water plant, something large to sit in the pond, i find the most beautiful plant, it's perfect. later i'm attacking the front garden, picking up fallen debris from the storms, massive palm branches, branches and bits of trees. the water dragon watches me, he runs towards me hoping i have food. he's big and he shows me his red belly. i return to toiling the land, clearing it away, it's so humid, the clouds roll overhead threatening me, big black shapes looming from the shadows, ghosts everywhere.


No comments: