Sunday, January 20, 2013

heading north in my module, down a dirt road, weaving around hair pin bends and winding meandering tracks, surrounded by bush lands, i find myself high up, gazing down on a lush subtropical rain forest. 
i don't know where i am, off the map, somewhere north of the entrance. no mobile signal here, google maps led me astray, i'm no where near where i am meant to be. 
i ignore my technology, tune in to some instinctive frequency, follow the road, no turning back, sun sinking, clouds rolling over, maybe a little rain after dark. 
the module and i tune in, some sort of weird symbiotic frequency, wetware kicks in, suddenly i'm out of the woods, civilisation, homes and traffic lights, some place with a name i can't pronounce, i get my bearings from invisible transmissions, everything flows somewhere. 
the main road takes me home, i pass some interesting nurseries where i consider buying some plants, i pass some organic fruit markets and lots of craft shops, rain starts falling, headlights on, blurry evening, going nowhere.

No comments: