Tuesday, January 03, 2012

the city, this city, a million people a million stories, the streets are jammed packed with them crawling around the bargain bins and cut price shopping malls, everyone looking for something, under a clear blue sky. 
i'm looking for a book when a man in a turban comes to me, he grabs my arm, and in the slightest of voices whispers, 'sir, you have a kind face, a very kind face, i can see this, i can tell, i can read your face.'
i'm stunned for a moment and then non attachment, this stuff happens all the time to me, while it's impossible not to feel something as it's quite extraordinary one must be careful not to obsess or place to much significance on these events.
i look at the man, he's leading me to the side of the street and i find myself following, 'i'd like to talk with you, i can see a few things, help you, i know things, i have gifts.'
so i suggest we grab a tea somewhere, he declines and tells me that 2011 was a very difficult year for me, he says, 2012 will be fantastic especially march, then he writes three letters on a piece of paper. MBJ and says these are significant letters, doe they mean anything? well i guess J could be jake but the MJ really don't mean that much. then he says not to wear black on a tuesday and then he writes something down on a pice of paper, he sticks it into my hand and tells me to clench my fist, which i do. he puts his hand over my fist and asks me to chose a flower, which i do. lilly. then he asks what my age is, the guy is young, he has a fire in his eyes blazing, tells me he in 2012 i will meet a very special woman whom will love me, she will be the one he says, and then he pulls open my fist and asks me to unravel the paper i hold. it's a tiny ball, and it's quite difficult to unravel. when i do it has a number written upon it, my exact age and the word LILY. he'd spelt it wrong i think, but none the less i was impressed although what these things mean is any ones guess.
then he said that i should pray every morning and he gave me a stone, saying it was very lucky but i should wash it, i don't know what that meant but he went on about karma, and he said i had good karma. he repeated the trick with the paper tis time asking me a colour and number so i said blue and seven, and sure enough written down was the words BLUE and the number 7, amazing but what does it mean i wondered. and then he warns me in a very serious manner never to have any business partners and says, soon i will make quite a lot of money, and then he says, never wear black on tuesday, and i should pray in the morning and then feed the birds. something which my father would probably do. he shows me some pics of some orphans in india and asks for a donation, i slip him some cash and wander away, wondering what it all means and he yells out to me, 'you think to much, don't think.'
i slip into a passing crowd in a wave formation, like a skool of fishes, i disappear. later as i am wandering around the opposite end of the city a crippled indian man grabs me, 'you have a kind face.'
i say, 'i've already donated some money to the orphans today,' and he smiles and nods his head and i look kinda bewildered. 


yeah a kind face, soft eyes, that's me, old captain mission with the kind eyes wandering around in a big city looking for a book and finding a strange wandering band of hindu fortune tellers and mystics, truth is stranger than fiction brothers and sisters, that would be the title of my autobiography.

No comments: