Wednesday, July 20, 2011

the rain falls, it falls and falls, i have to leave mission control to get me some supplies and pick up some mail. i check the surf out on the way and it's messy. i meet some people and chat with them for a little while about something or the other, i get my supplies and return home ready to prepare a spinach pie. okay well i've had some spinach pies in my time, some brilliant, in adalaide i had a spinach pie every morning with my coffee for two weeks, that's what i lived on and it was bliss, the best spinach pie ever. then once i found a dealer in collaroy, a nice germanic lady who offered to keep me in supply but she suddenly had to pack up and leave, since then it's been very hard to find a quality spinach pie.
val's mother once made me one but it was later revealed this was not spinach but silver-beet. it was very good none the less. then one day val himself made me one, it was pretty amazing and i'd have to say rates highly. but that was about six months ago.
so it's been a long time between spinach pies. i have been known to drive across the city to locate a source but im usually disappointed. 
this morning i made a spinach pie for myself, loads of spinach, an onion, some butter and milk, some feta, some ricotta, layers of filo. 
20 mins later i am the spinach pie god.
perfect for a rainy day.

No comments: