Friday, July 15, 2011

in the studio val and i are hard at work, actually val is hard at work, he's mastering the snuff music cd, i'm just creating space and sending good vibes into the environment, the small little studio room is covered in black sound absorbing material and its very dark, i'm rolling big spliffs and attempting to fine tune my listening skills becuase what val does is way beyond me, he's amazing hearing stuff that i certainly can't, within a cacophony of sound he can tune into the individual note or vibration a string on a guitar makes. for me it's all feel, the totality is the important bit, i guess the energy of it, how strong it is, how it effects me and changes me when i feel it. i close my eyes and if i find myself carried somewhere out of my physical body then i think the music is working, if the visions take me in to other realms then i'm usually very happy. i need that from what i create. i want my listeners to share that experience in their own way, that's all. don't worry about attaching a value to it, it's crap, it's good, it don't matter as long as it works.


any ways we are in the room for most of the day and when the night comes we are tweaking, twiddling into the morning listening to each song and making final adjustments.


we break this stage into two stages and have a long walk, on route through the park, i decide about the next deep fix project, something i am excited about.

a man comes in to interview us, he asks what type of questions he should ask, i say, 'just make them up.'

it's my first interview, i don't know, i'm not myself, quiet, introverted, socially awkward, nope, i'm very talkative and chatty. it's the first of many interviews, each interviewer will be a different person, this one being val's friend stephano who has a band called 'the snakemen' he's a nice guy i met him a few times now and he's always been a real gentleman to me, smart guy, been around the block, knows all about everything, anyways each person can ask whatever questions they want, the more imaginative the better and we will do our best to answer them although anythings possible, we may even get around to talking about the music. 

No comments: