Monday, January 03, 2011

ug early morning down town, slight rain, bit of this bits of that, i'm feeling a bit strange, last night i am in a big house with dutch pierre smoking weed and talking about our friends on ice and the harrowing trauma of attempting to maintain friendship's with them. ice baby ice.
it reminded me of a time i spent in a hotel with an ex in kings cross. we were renting the room for my birthday, there was a lot of sex going down, and it was a pretty good birthday from what i recall although very messy, what with cake and all. but later in the evening she organised a massive ice deal from the room. 30 000 dollars worth of crystal dropped off in our hotel room and later picked up by some of her comrades. well let me tell you i was freaking out, firstly i don't wanna go to jail, secondly i hate ice and thirdly i didn't like any of her friends that came marching in the room. i just smoked my weed and kept quiet, head emerged in my book while she did her business. the room was a mess, i was somewhat embarrassed about that. anyways this girl cleaned up. she sold the whole lot in about four hits, the parties that came and went through my hotel room got progressively heavier until two guys and two girls came in with big knives. i said in my polite english accent, 'i' hate knives, please put them away.'
the girls looked as if i was mad and the guys gave me the eye, sizing me up and that stuff guys do. they were like zombie men, unable to offer anything remotely human in the way of conversation, the four of them just talked ice and left giving me the cold shoulder and if it wasn't for my girlfriends nice curves i would have sent her packing, but she had paid for the room, for dinner and a bunch of other stuff so by proxy i was party to the whole thing. my poor karma took a hit that weekend.
anyways dutch pierre and i shared an aversion to ice and we were chatting about the damage we have seen it wreak upon some people and the point they get to where it's unsalvageable.
later we wandered around the grounds and smoked a spilff, talking about the church shows and the band. i recommended 'david neil.' i told him how steve had given me his ipod playlist and it was a peak experience, then proceeded to show him my iphone with all these amazing songs on it. but i had updated the software yesterday and found the playlist blank. my whole steve kilbey ipod wiped. i couldn't believe it, i could feel a well of tears coming on. then i confessed i had only listened to one album on the playlist, white magic it was like being given a wonderful book and reading the same chapter over and over and then loosing the book.
i wandered around this big house until i found a sofa on a balcony and watched the landscape, the rain started falling and a bunch of girls came to drag me to some bar. i made my iphone excuses and left.
fortunately i recovered my songs.

No comments: