Friday, January 07, 2011

by the time i catch up with my brother i am ready to strangle him, not for any serious reason other than he gave me crap directions and i drove around for an hour attempting to find a non existent street. however when i see him i am filled with some weird happiness because he is a great guy and it's hard to be angry at him, plus he has changed a fair amount in the last few months seeing the glamour and being able to work against it. he has a much more accurate perspective of the subtle wars that are fought. we share our thoughts as we wander around crows nest, i make friends with an american woman who has some sort of flying blade type device which she lets me admire and use. she laughs as i try to work it, and then miraculously the thing takes flight.
we watch it's ascension and i walk of feeling quite satisfied.
later on the way home i stop at the big ocean lake where miss cupcake is sitting reading a big thick book called up the duff 2 or something, and she tells me about her last few days. i don't know i'm feeling somewhat strange, i just want to hold her and kiss her and she's waffling on about food or some work thing and waters breaking, mmm, all i can see is her lovely face and her bump which is huge now. strange thoughts race through my head, the oestrogen madness takes hold of me, ooh jesus i cam't bear it any longer, part of me is ready to leave but then she gives me a hug. not just a little defence mechanism one, a real one. one that actually comes from the heart, authentic. does it get better than that?
not today.

No comments: