Monday, November 08, 2010

songs are sounding excellent, the sax tracks and new mixes have potential, i don't like to talk about my music but i think it's gonna be a good piece this work. it's gonna surprise everyone, i only want to surprise one person, there's only one person who's approval i want and then i can die happy. every one says it's sounding like david bowie, i can't see it but i can't deny it as bowie is such a major influence on my style.
louis from andromeda plays clarinet and saxes, he's hooked up to an effects box, making squelching sounds, he's playing to parameters i set him, following my menatl images and metaphors, while val turns them into gold. i tell you this, hear this cd from start to finish then tell me what you think, tell me if the deep fix mean something, i think we do. i know it. i also know we have only just begun. wait till you hear all about the next project.

3 comments:

Pipsqeek said...

I've had the pleasure of hearing half of one song while Val was working on it in the studio. I have to say, and I did to Val, it is sounding truly amazing.

Musically, it has evolved and grown into something that you can say is The Deep Fix.

I liked the previous album a lot, however, the cheesy looks turned me off to what was otherwise a fresh piece of music.

The new album has none of that, or at least what I hear so far. I'm sure it is going to sound awesome based on what little I have already heard.

captain mission said...

pip
thank you so much for your very kind words and i have to agree with you about the first cd, although i have not listened to 'adventures' for ages, i feel it was somewhat self indulgent and although it helped me with a healing process was inaccessible as a deep fix project. however the bond established between val and i during that period has morphed into something greater than the sum of it's parts and to have loius and nevin on board has made the deep fix expansive which is what i want it to be. i hope that we can utilise other musicians and people as well in the next few projects, and build a collective in the tradition that 'left as in sinister' aspires to.
it's a great label and i want val to feel as though the deep fix is part of his vision as much as mine. he really is the best collaborator. i still can't believe how our ideas and personal visions converge. two peas in the same pod.

Pipsqeek said...

Val is really an amazing person.

He's a little lost, confused and in the middle of waiting at the moment. But he is the crux of all good people and good musicians with similar ideas and beliefs all coming together.