Tuesday, September 28, 2010

quiet days, i'm watching an old friend go through a big change in her life, it's fantastic, really beautiful, i'm so happy when people beat their demons, when people are strong enough to change their lives around. it's inspiring and wonderful, and my friend has done this, albeit through some divine intervention but she did it and is doing it and i respect that.
me i cruse through the days, a bog speeding event hangs over my head, i'm really disappointed in myself, it's going to effect my life in such a serious way, not being able to drive for three months.
i returned to work, every one missed me, it seems, that's nice, i felt good to return to some routine although i was overwhelmed by the actual work, jesus, i work hard up there, no time for sitting around when you have people to drive around and cook for, keep stimulated and keep their thoughts positive and in synch. i drive home through the night feeling tired and worn out. sleep comes fast and feels deep and nurturing, oh yeah captain mission needs nurturing, his energies are spent, his mind is expansive and wants to retreat back to a bali simplicity, with a beautiful girl and some blue skies, a sunset and sunrise, some healthy food, the beach, the feeling of safety.

3 comments:

Pipsqeek said...

You paint a pretty picture with your words of Bali.

Routine is nice, but it does make you wonder why we all work so hard. I've recently been talking about money and the value of it. I hate money and how it controls all our lives. I always prefer bartering and trading. I recently wrote about it on my blog.

Watching a friend make positive changes is great. I think watching friends change at all is good. I have a friend who made some drastic changes, which weren't exactly going to deliver what he wanted. But I grew tired of telling him that and just let me do it himself.

He moved interstate, fresh start, or so he thought. But after speaking to him last night, he's just got the usual crap he dealt with up here, now down there. That's when my late mothers words echoed through my head. "It doesn't matter where you move to. You'll always be around yourself"

It was the wisest thing my mother ever said. And it was true. You have to change for your surroundings to change. As Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in the world".

pipsqeek

captain mission said...

pip, hi there, yeah man i figure the same thing, what's the freaking point of working for money, it's a stupid idea especially when time is a better commodity.

bali is beautiful, really amazing place, i will have to return to explore it.

i love that gandhi quote, it's a fundamental universal truth, your mum must have been very wise. i wish i learnt this lesson earlier in life rather than half way through it.

keep cool pip, hope you are in good health love and spirit.

Pipsqeek said...

Thanks for your wishes.

My mother was a wise woman. But she was also human. And she made some really silly mistakes too.

I learnt to forgive her for some of them. I'm still trying to forgive her for others. What diference does it make? She's dead, she's alive. It makes no difference. So I'm hoping I figure out the why I can't let go of it all.