Monday, September 13, 2010



one of my favourite songs is david bowies 'be my wife'
it's the ultimate love song. it's selfish and desperately raw but so close to the truth of the matter of love between a man and a woman. there's something so simple in his plea, that's why i like this song, it's from the heart but it's a heart that has been around the block, it's done time and just yearns now for some affection, some thing that don't even have to be love, but something intimate and close, something safe.
taken from low, the album version is the best one, there are a few live versions i have that are not as good.
i like the honesty he uses here, there's nothing quite as simple as his plea to the woman he loves. plus that piano is kinda cool, it's a great collection of sounds, for the words, everything just totally out of whack yet it works beautifully.

Sometimes you get so lonely
Sometimes you get nowhere
I've lived all over the world
I've left every place

Please be mine
Share my life
Stay with me
Be my wife

Sometimes you get so lonely
Sometimes you get nowhere
I've lived all over the world
I've left every place

Please be mine
Share my life
Stay with me
Be my wife

Sometimes you get so lonely

No comments: