Saturday, August 28, 2010

all the women in my life have been amazing and i thank them to, brilliant teachers although somewhat challenging i thank you, i love you all for where i am now, you were all integral teachers to me one way or the other. even my mother.
it's a strange old life.
chilling out at mission control listening to a simple minds bootleg that is amazing, recorded live at the manly vale hotel in sydney, actually not far from here, these guys are at their peak, just before they crack the big time, wow, listen to derek forbes play bass, amazing sounds. but there was an energy about them that was so flowing, and elegant, interesting and unique. you can hear the influences, bowie, the german bands, nu and kraftwork but with soul, it's an amazing piece of music as it transcends, not many bands do that, the church and steve do it, but i don't really know many others, that can take me away but this cd does.
small club, great sound, energy good, captured perfectly, recording desk quality. come listen to this man.
anyway the women, yeah thanks girls.
i have to thank a lot of people. possibly not, lets just say one big thank you to everyone all at the same time.
thank you everyone.
i have to thank my father. he's a teacher. when i was a kid he read me adventure stories and fuelled my love of adventure. my love of change, travelling, and going where no one else went.
i aslo recall vividly the times he tried to teach me how to be practical, i never got anything he said. it steered me away from cars, machinery, tools, freezers more into adventure and new experiences.
my dad was a dark horse, hard to read but he loved the mysteries, atlantis, ufos, bermuda triangles, all of that stuff he loved. we spoke about it all the time, i was mad to meet an alien, still am. as a kid i just watched space, still do. i wanna be abducted by purple skinned women in neat space outfits with zips and straps and be used in a breeding program to repopulate their sexy planet. why not?
anyways i loved all that stuff and dad was full of mysteries and stories about his colourful past, in india with his family and their circus and their ghosts.
once my dad introduced me to weegee board, i was teenager and he showed me a board he had, told me never to play with it. mmm, bad parenting!
however my experience off it was neutral, nothing happened. i gave up pursuing ghosts and let them pursue me.
i had sex with a ghost once but that's another story.
there's a lot to be said for how these things inhabit our world but that's another story, animals know and understand this, they can see a wider perspective on natural sensory than most humans. they can see fear. smell it.
see this is reality, break it down fear and love. the duality under which we exist. you can chose in every moment you move through who you serve, because let me tell you love is the one thing that sets you free.
and i love my dad. he got a bit religious all of a sudden, i don't understand that, my mums the same, maybe when you get older you reach out to something and something finds you but i didn't think they would ever be, like, religious. it's all nonsense to me, i love the richness of the religions but not the dogma, fuck that,any religion should set you free.
my religion is simple 'believe in what you believe in but take responsibility for it.'
however there's a whole bunch of people that would misuse this idea and it would turn up to be just like any religion, a distorted view of the universe. individual spirituality is a private matter between a man and his goddess.
charle burchill plays a great guitar, it doesn't sound like a guitar, it's brilliant, the rhythms and the flourishes, the way it all flows. nice one.
anyway dad's a god fearing man but cool. he got me interested in the kabbalah and then magick, in fact when i was initiated in spain he was there. my grandfather contacted me from the dead through a dream, gave me a message which only my dad could decipher even though i intuitively understood it there was a word in hebrew which i didn't, but i remembered it when i awoke and asked him. we both knew right then what was going on.
cool huh?
the strange thing about my dad was his devotion to my mum.
that's cool to. i respect that.
anyways we had a good time but i was never academic, not like the way he was, i didn't care about academic intelligence, it was more lies and untruths, the only thing i loved was writing and reading. yeah my dad informed my imagination.
and also jake man,
ha! you know your mum rang me for the first time in years and we actually had a brilliant conversation, we both said how much we loved you and what a brilliant human being you are. it was one thing i guess we couldn't argue over. it was great, i always wanted to heal that wound, i didn't ever imagine it would be like that, with you bringing us together like that. see that's white magick.
jake we had fun didn't we travelling around, ha!
our goodbye was perfect, it was poetic and right. i love you man, i love the person you are.

No comments: