Sunday, March 21, 2010

currently i am listening to one of my fave rock songs.
it's janes addiction three days, which has the best constructed build up ever. i love the guitars searing away and the way the drums go all tribal, that pounding base line, but perry just delivers the best vocals, like a snake, it's powerful shamanic and leaves you wasted like you spent forty days and nights in the desert being tempted and now all you wanna do is fuck eat and sleep. i love the primal energy in this song, it has a beauty that is long missing from most modern music, it has the voodoo, the magick.
i never saw them live, i had tickets but they cancelled the show.
im a big fan of perry farrel, i like his approach to music and he's a smart guy. very low key political environmental mover and shaker, people assume he's just a voice but he's an amazing organiser and dedicated to making the planet a better place for people to live. i also like what he says about his wife, "etty and I have been working together since 1997. The very first time I saw her come in and shake her... ponytail, I hired her and I fell in love with her on the spot. We travel together and we have a collective memory. so in another words, I don't remember anything and she just reminds me of everything. so we share this memory bank. and it ain't a bad thing waking up with a hot chick in your bed everyday."
sounds great to me.

No comments: