Thursday, November 05, 2009

melby cup day my good friend the infamous legal man tim clarke and i head into town for a lunch at minx, the famous underground erotic venue where over very expensive drinks and succulent fish food we watch hundreds of exotic women take their clothes of and dance in front of us.
oh yeah you think, more sleaze from captain mission and his cronies but i will have you know this was not sleazy at all, the girls were stunning, intelligent and fun, it was nudity without shame and the atmosphere was respectful. i loved it, my ideal universe. fresh fish to eat, nice drinks and some girls wandering around a la natural, works for me.
i had to drag olde tim outta there else we would have got in trouble, it was very difficult when a horde of amazonian beauties dragged us back inside and refused to let us leave but we were strong willed and resisted our base charkras selfish needs.
i love tim, he's fucking a hard ass guru who is flawed and tragic but fuck he's more evolved than most monkey men i know and he fucking lives his life by his code. that i respect.

later that evening evan calls me up to pop in for a cuppa and he presents me with... a kindle.
fuck me dead. the kindle is the most revolutionary thing that could possibly be bestowed upon me. i am in conflict, torn between my love for books and my love to adapt to change and embrace technology. evolution man. we have a ceremony, pink floyd wails lost saxophone music, welcome to the machine, wish you were here., candles burn and we open the package. fuck im so touched, evan you are such a fucking brilliant friend. i know its incredibly uncool but i love him. two loves in one day, jesus. anyways, a kindle man, i have a kindle, we downloaded 'debatable space' and later i downloaded bruce parrys new book, 'amazon.'
the kindle is an incredible device, the books arrived in 6 seconds costing a fraction of the normal book price. the machine is very light and slimline, it holds 10000 books and has a dictionary. it's just a massive change for me, impacting everything.
i'll keep you posted on my adaptation.

No comments: