Saturday, March 28, 2009

i'm awake before the sun, jump in the car and drive over to bondi, looking at the morning encroach on my fuzzy logic, i've done this journey so many times, sometimes i am tempted to close my eyes and dream myself there, this morning i am aware that after smoking to much with the green goddess i'm using the force more than is sensible, so i make some minor ajustments and try to focus on being alert and aware and locked into consenses reality. let me mention parking in bondi at this hour is a piece of cake, i manage to park outside my brothers flat and becuase it's 6am i walk to the nearest coffee shop and indulge myself with the morning newspapers. lots of waffle and opinions these days, no real news, no journalism, no skilled writing, just people and their strangely straight ideas. even the so called intellectuals and thinkers are actually pretty stupid when you read what they say, blah blah blah, it's all just speculation within speculation. one day they will just write objectivley but not for a while. people read the newspaper and think it's reality, it's not it's just a take on reality an interpretation unless it's written objectivley. anyways my head is buried in a story about a polition who had a chinese friend that he should not off and suddenly a person appears before me, it's poppy my old friend who i have not seen in years. she's looks so happy to see me, and is a bit stunned. she joins me for a coffee and we have a chat. it's so good to see her, she really radiates a good energy and just brightens the day more.
so later i go to my brothers and he asks for a lift to bondi junction, i drive there and park in a big concrete structure called west feilds, it's actually a mall, quite nice i have to say. despite not wanting to buy anything i ended up being seduced by the bookshop and made two purchases. then enthusiastically i went of to find my car, an hour later i'm still looking. fucking hell man, what's with these big car parks!
a brazilian man with a golf cart buggy is helping me look for my car, we systematically start from the top floor and whizz around at mind numbing speeds looking for the car. eventually i find it and thank my brazilian buddy, i drive back to north bondi, crash out on the sofa.
my friend picks the car up a dream or two later, he's looking very civilian but is in actual fact is one of the few souls from lumeria wandering the earth, he paints and makes beautiful music that the people can appreciate, he knows his art and his place within the universe. there's not many people with that kinda fix, not many who stay true to it anyways.
he's with a lumerian priestess, ohh a powerful one to, her star shines bright as well, and strong, very strong, you have to respect that power even when its manifest in a child, respect and honour.
well they very kindly drop me of at the secondhand book shop, i wish them well and wave as they drive off. i don't really find anything in there, except a nice girl with a soft smile and purple hat, however she's with her man and i'm not one for trancending those kinda boundries, besides i think she's more interested in her cheesecake than either of us.
down the street i pop into another bookshop and discover a beautiful book called 'river of trees' all about the amazon. it's stunning and filled with history and information, i start reading it, i'm hooked, so i indulge myself and buy it. way beyond my means, but i figure stimulate the economy do your bit and i do. so with a book on the amazon i walk back to my brothers and reading about cortez i fall asleep.

a series of 'dork' dreams

lou reed - okay i'm with a childhood friend stuart shaw, we are buying clothes and i come across lou reed. he is selling his new cd but i ask for van morrisons new cd. lou reed calls me a 'dork' and i walk away laughing, thinking, off all the things lou reed could have called me, he called me a 'dork.'

steve kilbey - we are in a hotel lobby or lounge, waiting. we have been travelling for a while, the enviroments change, we are both tired but i am acting like a 'dork' and he is obviously getting irritated. he passes me a strange looking object, it looks like a piece of string, but it's contained in a special brightly coloured box. steve says, 'it's for private communication.'
becuase i am acting like a dork and fidgeting like a hyperactive chimpanzie having an epileptic fit the apparatus falls apart in my hands. i've broken it. steve looks on, not amused.

4 comments:

chrome3d said...

I know what it feels like when somebody gives something special to me and I break it immediately. It´s one of those moments when it would be better if the earth opened up and swallowed me. It hurts, even in dreams.

captain mission said...

yes i agree and my dreams have a terrible habit of coming true in a strange way.

lily was here said...

worse if its a heart

captain mission said...

i think i am perfecting the art of disappointing people without even trying. i should just disappoint people first, then it can only get better.