Monday, May 14, 2007

I was 30 thousand feet over the Victoria and New South Wales border when the tears came, I was overwhelmed with them and before I knew it people were beginning to stare at me. I admit being slightly embarrassed but not ashamed; ‘Fuck it!’
I’ve lived half my life if I wanted to show some emotion then I would. Besides none of the other passengers had ever met Meredith so I guess they had no real insight into how I was feeling.
You spend half your life travelling the world, being open to adventure and sucking the marrow from the bones of life, sometimes you get knocked down and ya learn to get up again, sometimes it leaves a bruise or two but you learn to roll with the punches, ride the waves, eventually you figure out its better to express your emotions rather than keep em suppressed, keep em cooking slowly turning into a cancer or something.
You change your address so many times, you never know where you are heading to but you know you gotta keep going, because she’s out there somewhere. Then the girl of your dreams the one you been looking for out there, in the wilderness turns up, the wild child, the most beautiful girl you ever gazed at, the most intelligent girl you ever held hands with, the one that you been looking for, the reason you feel so lonely in a crowd of friends, the reason you just can’t ever stop dreaming, the reason you were born, your destiny, her destiny, all about to converge.
She’s everything that gives your life meaning, And you have to leave her at 5am to get your plane that takes you away from her beating heart, and therefore breaks yours. Yeah that’s worth a few tears.
I’d spent the week with her, most of it in a haze of time lapse tenderness with occasional kookiness and danger. I had found a peace, a perfect moment, i can die happy now.

No comments: