Sunday, November 12, 2006

Martin
It’s taken me a week or so to settle down in front of my desk and write to you, usually I just write straight away but this week has been somewhat different for me as I’ll explain later.
Firstly congratulations my friend, falling in love despite its peculiarities and irrational behaviours, the weird emotional roller coaster ride, the unrestrained desires, is not to be scoffed at or negated as some childish fantasy, no my friend this is a wonderful thing for it is where magic occurs. One could say that it’s just a chemical process to encourage procreation but it’s much more than that, especially to one with artistic and creative dispositions. Not only to I send blessings brother I am really very happy for you and your partner. These girls are such a mystery to me, a beautiful puzzle that I enjoy loosing myself in. I am resigned to the fact I will never understand them and paradoxically maybe this is their attraction.
Anastasia is a magnificent name and one can only rejoice at those who carry it. I already know her as nothing less than brilliant.

Here we have just had the strangest of days, bush fires blaze, snow falls, rain and wind and pockets of sun, all within a few miles from one another.
But today is perfect, sun, a slight ocean breeze, blue skies, no freezing rains anywhere. Night time I often gaze up at the stars and watch their patterns, its one of may favourite things to do here, the immense night landscape, its perfect.
The last few years I have emersed myself in shamanic practice, I’m not sure how familiar you are with this but it’s as close an analogue to magikian as there is although the shamanic path is more concerned with healing and growth. Part of this process is accessing other realities, and the most obvious way to to this is through drugs. The kind of drugs I use range from salvia, to dmt but I have never used the most infamous one ayahuscia, found in south America sometimes called yage. The same substance William Burroughs went looking for in the 50’s. He wrote of it being ‘terrifying’ and I believe was his worst drug experience ever.
Later the ethno biologist Terrence McKenna said of it, ‘if you’re not scared outta your mind, it’s not working.’
For a number of years I thought I may take the trip to Peru to take it myself, but as things seem to do, it came to me.
So I found myself with 12 strangers drinking ayahuscia and experiencing visions and revelations, throwing up violently and also dying and being reborn. The process takes a few days, and is different for everyone. Suffice to say I enjoyed a conversation with god, the old testament one, who has a great sense of humour and a healthy attitude towards sex and the pursuit of love. I also felt renewed with energy, a positive outlook and a slightly more compassionate perspective on my brothers and sisters of this here species.

So now I am back in the routine of my life, I find myself with more time on my hands and a clearer mind to write with.

I went to see U2 play last week at a huge stadium in Sydney, it was huge, the first time I have seen a band play in such a huge stadium for many years and although I enjoyed some of the songs, the atmosphere was to impersonal for me to really embrace it. I normally don’t bother seeing bands unless it’s the church, whom I see every time they play in Sydney. The Church have progressed into an Australian XTC, nothing like them in sound but in invention, craftsmanship and innovation, they are amazing to see live, really professional and have integrity and honour their muse. This is such an essential quality, very few people understand this yet the church do, the church have the intent, and it shows in their music. The have just got the support gigs for the pretenders who will be here in January but I cannot bear to see them support anyone, the billing is the wrong way around.

Well for me it’s a short note, I just wanted to get something to you in the mail. I am so happy you have a chance at love, it’s a beautiful thing. I am sure if you just enjoy each moment and not worry to much about the future everything will pan out the way it should, its these moments that count.

Take care my brother
Captain Mission

No comments: