Tuesday, October 17, 2006

well its a few days later and i'm still caught in the afterglow, i tell ya it don't get better than that. my world is a strange one, my internet dating experiences are becoming more and more bizzare with various girls, the other day i met one girl in newtown whom although was plesant enough was not really my cup of tea, anyway in the intrests of being polite and hungry we decided to have a bite to eat. i took her to my fave place 'taste' on 'king street', which specializes in fantastic salads, anyway there's a guy with a pony tail chatting to this lovely american girl, she's stunning and my pheremones are going nuts. i order a pumpkin salad with poppyseed dressing, and by defualt sit next to the beautiful girl, who immideatly starts chatting to me, she's from vermont and i'm telling her about my travels and how i really loved new mexico but never made it to vermont. while i am chatting i am slso painfully aware that i am with the internet girl so i have to engage her and eventually vermont girl leaves.
anyways when i get home i write a song, and the next night find myself in newtown again. so i put the song in an envelope and give it to the guy with the pony tail. there's nothing on the envelope except 'vermont girl' and no info about me, no e mail address, no phone number no name. i just think it's sometimes nice to return an inspiration to its source. the music is kinda sad, a piano, a simple drum beat and a very nice sounding electric guitar that kick in half way through...

vermont girl with salad dressing
by
the deep fix

i’m not young,
aged disgracefully
miss spent youth,
guess i missed my destiny
like a ghost haunts itself
in the suburbs of regret
uninspired by money making schemes
and grandiose opportunities
seems like everyone’s
got a line to spin
so here’s something for you
a little genuine
i never wanted to
rule the world
i just wanted to
find my girl
in the evening twilight,
in new towns casual sight
you know the message that I’m sending
to the Vermont girl with salad dressing

Have you ever seen
any thing
so beautiful ?

0h now you don’t even know me,
you may not even care
but i am a stranger here as well
and my eyes declared
there’s no expectation,
i guess you’re just a little
ahhh, inspiration…to me
you may not want it anyway
you may not even feel
these days it’s kinda hard to tell
the fake ones from the real
but I just want to say
i went to santa fe
but I never saw anything there
i wanted to take away
nothing quite so unique
to capture my attention
still I count my blessings
Vermont girl with salad dressing

Have you ever seen
any thing
so beautiful ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how romantic.

There is nothing more sensual than knowing you were the inspiration for a song.

I truly hope she gets the envelope, I know she will just love it.

It's nice knowing that we have touched someones life - even for just a moment.

captain mission said...

ha thanks, yeah i dunno, i 'd feel kinda weird if i just gave it to her, but at the same time i wanted her to know she had inspired me. strange how people do that to me, i may not even talk to them for two seconds and yet i feel like they have given me so much...
well i don't think she can get hold of me, there's no forwarding details...kinda like that film serendipity, i love that movie but don't tell any one.

Anonymous said...

I'm not firmilar with the movie "serendipity" however I love the word and its potential.

Your secret is safe with me.