Saturday, August 19, 2006

here's a strange thing, my day, i start by getting up for work, while i am outside i notice the Saturday papers laying downstairs near the post box, and i am ashamed to say i think, mmm, should i grab them, i mean they must be someone's so i know it's stealing, but then its my post box. i spend about 10 mins weighing up the karmic consequences of taking these papers, it's really black and white but in self deception i make it grey, take the papers and put them in my car. Immediately as i reverse onto the road i hear a 'thwak, thwak' sound and pull over. part of a wire coat hanger is sticking out from the front left tire, it's jabbed itself about two inches into the rubber and as i pull it out i hear the release of air. i fill my tire up twice on the way in, find a tyre place and am relieved to hear it's only going to cost $40 to fix. 10 mins later the mechanic is showing me how badly my wheels are buckled. They are really bad, all twisted and squashed. thus in the first hour of my day i have spent $1000. Instant Karma.
But i have no belief in karma, i mean who's to say weather that's good karma or bad, i mean one way of looking at it is i could have driven to work without punturing my tyres and had a blow out because unknown to me all my wheels were crap. It's a blessing maybe, a $1000 blessing.

No comments: