Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Promises of Maybe

Uncertain endings lead to the start
We all come together until we fall apart
You’re making demands imposing your will
Drawing me closer and then you repel
Uncertain emotions traditional ways
Loose all significance under your gaze
Lust and desire on the tip of your tongue
You won’t be happy till the damage is done

You razed my temples
Pillaged my town
Plundered my heavens
And tore them all down
You made me a promise
Of maybe or not
And now that your gone
That’s all I got

Instinct and intuition guide my days
Through the labyrinth and into your maze
You’re pulling the string calling the shots
Contradicting your self and you can’t stop
Insight and in tight I’m loosing my grip
Holding on to the stars in case I slip
Can’t sink or swim caught in your tide
And now you won’t, throw me a line

You launched your weapons
You sunk my fleet
Fired your missiles
At my heart beat
You made me a promise
of maybe or not
and now I’m alone
that’s all I got

promises promises
sweet nothings

yeah you chopped down my trees
you stormed all my towers
ploughed all my fields
cut down my flowers
you made me a promise
of maybe or not
lifting me higher
only to drop

promises promises
sweet nothings

No comments: