Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm fucked, fighting the strange bug that's invaded me head and throat, it's -74 here in sydney, them pesky flu virus's are at war again, keeping me immune system on the defensive, blah i hate being sick. well despite rapid shifts in body temp. and strange moments of delirium i managed to get to my photoshoot at sunrise this morning, it's a shame my subject was slightly disorganised as we ran outta time, but i am certain that i got two good images, we have another session soon, this time with more prep. I never comprimise, always take the picture that i want. Most photographers will use at least 10 rolls x 36 each session whereas i like to use no more than 2. I guess in the digital age it no longer matters, but its good disipline and makes the photographer more precious of what he's doing and wants to acheive. as a technique i do like to spend a little time with my subject, breaking through the norms, getting below the surface and finding the essensse of what i want to steal. i do believe contary to popular scientific theory that a photograph does capture your soul, so i always approach my subject with this in mind. in this case my subject was the great god pan. yeah it took a fair amount of organization my people calling his people and lunches, coffees ect but we managed to at least get an hour with him and the possibility of some more. He's a family man now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems to me that only does photography capture souls, but it deposits them in places too.

captain mission said...

yes, that's a very intresting point.

Anonymous said...

seems that photograpy captures souls from the dumb masses & deposits it as ego onto superstars and politicians.
i think it does this using tv.