Saturday, April 08, 2006

dan air air stewardesses are worth writing about, they are or were, my first cult experience, dan air being a small american airline that went bust a while back, employed these amazing girls who looked awesome, they were edgy, smart girls except for the fact they were all on some kind of junk, fucked up on speed or smack, anyways where ever i went i always hung out with dan air girls, the most infamous from my youth was Gabrielle whom i met on a dance floor in berlin dancing to iggy pop singing, 'fall in love with me.'
Often people would assume i was a dealer so i was always getting approached by predominately exotic girls who would writhe their way towards me and lock on like some heat seeking missile, yeah it's true they would seek me out, in train stations, cafes, bars, discos, gigs, markets and on the street. But once they found out i was not carrying they would slither away, like reptilian people, i'd catch that last flicker in their eyes, the dying flames of hope. But Gabrielle she was like a exotic fish, swimming to me in a sea of sharks, she weaved her way through the crowds, our gazed fixed, she moved like a hot knife through butter until she stopped right in front of me, the song sequed into Prince, Kiss, a bassy extended mix and she just danced this gypsy dance whirling scarves around me, like i was in the centre of an atom, then she kissed me just when the purple one sung, 'extra terminal kiss.'
we hung out every night, she would dance for me and mutter words in her sexy austrian english accent, that i never really understood but it was kinda nice, i'd let her bite my ear and stuff.
but the smack scene man in west berlin, it's like the smack scene anywhere, but cooler looking people, classy addicts but all speaking the language of junk, i mean, all that despair for a gram of ecstasy was never a trade i wanted to make but gabrielle had sold her soul and occasionally i'd see the glint in her eye, the little girl was in there somewhere waiting to get out. by day she would be zooming around the skies in her uniform, feeding the packaged process food to the cattle and pointing to the exits, i would only ever see her at night, we never ate solids, we never saw the sun, she never slept. I miss her big beautiful green eyes.

No comments: