Friday, March 10, 2006

What's the deal with unconditional love, i don't see it anywhere, i don't feel it, not in a wishy washy new age kinda way, touchy feely stuff don't wash with me, the worst kinda freaks are the ones who seem hell bent on preaching and converting and being all hippie about the whole thing, love comes with conditions, it's conditions that make the planet spin and the electron orbit, its conditions that make the flower bloom and the stars twinkle, it ain't unconditional.
If you tell me you practice unconditional love, i say, go to down town Mogadishu and tell them all about it man, me i don't wanna know.

1 comment:

Aline said...

I live in a place where the people forgot how to love because their mind is twisted left. Now you figure if they could stop for a moment and take a deep breath and contemplate their goals, they would choose to go deeper than that. Check out the right side of the brain and innovate to create something better than this material life. Alas, how much lower can the heart go? Life is not an equation. Life is not about your net worth. I thought I could escape in the right side of my brain and manage the course of my life inside my own painted fantacy. We, the idealist humanitarians, we scream out in tears for everyone to change direction and do it our way. But you don't get a dime for getting high and they won't clap their hands to you shedding tears. Forget thinking left and forget thinking right because history repeats itself and we've tried it both ways already. To all of the people, lets try something new. Try thinking with your heart, and we will see what happens to us then. I don't think we've tried that yet.