Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Jake and i watched david attenburogh dvd just like we used to, i made him some dinner and we had a glass of wine, he started to tell me about the ex's current boyfriend, some sort of personality clash. 'It's okay jake, he don't like me i don't like him and that's the way it's always been with mums boyfreinds, they are all the same, beer filled, sports crazed, loud, aggressive, never read a book in their lives, monkeys. When ever i see that guy i always say, sit down, have a bannana.'

I recall two events, one from the early years of my divorce, i was living in a small flat in glebe, and it was the first time Jake was allowed to spend the night with me at my place, don't ya love those archaic custordy laws, welfare of the child my ass, it's just another womins movement based around this stuidly fake myth that all men are incapable of bringing children up. Anyways, the thing is jake had fallen asleep after playing with my girlfriends make up, he was wearing eye liner and lipstick, i had fallen asleep next to him and awoke to this loud banging, which was the ex-wife come to snatch my boy away.
When i passed Jake to her she freaked out after seeing his face, 'You fucking asshole, he's a fucking boy, why can't you take him to sports, he's a fucking boy you shit, you're going to give him a fucking complex and you can't see him again etc.'
I was half asleep and shocked to respond, but later i thought 'complex me, if anything is giving anything a complex its an outburst like that.'

Years later i rang up to speak to Jake and one of her boyfriends started to threaten me over the phone, 'you fucking bastard, don't ring here again or i'll smash your face in. etc'
By now i was used to this so it didn't phaze me, but year in year out i always thought one day jake will figure it out, and i'll be ready.

Well i am looking forwards to sleep tonight, it's been an emotional few days and i am exhuasted.

No comments: