Tuesday, January 31, 2006

More banter at the cafe this morning as Leary and I discuss the newspaper and the female of the species, interrupted by Yin who wants in on the conversation, disgusted at our verdict on the state of Autsralian women. Yin I say the women of Australia are like men, they are more competitive and just want to out drink, out fuck and out live the male. It's a totally extreme denial of femininity and what makes a woman attractive to me. But Yin ponders and then says she feels Australian men don't know how to treat women, it's like they are all babies she says. I don't know any Australian men really apart from Dr. Leary and he's just a freak like me.
Conversation moves into Chinese New Year and Yin is impressed with the Dr travels and knowledge of all things Chinese.
Eventually we discuss food and good restaurants in China Town. Unfortunately i don't know any restaurants except for these:

Govindas - Hare Krishna food and a good movie afterwards, in the heart of Kings Cross
Common Ground - weird cult of middle earth peoples in Rozelle who make yummy food the traditional way
Kopitain Cafe - Malaysia in Harris Street where i get an authentic fish head curry for under $10

Yes that's it culture vultures, my contribution, no Chinese restaurants anywhere near my list.
Anyway then we start chatting about Chinese Zodiacs, Leary and I both being Tigers while Yin is a Monkey, Yin seems curious to do our charts based on Western horoscopes, and although i have a certain reluctance, i confess all the details, there's no way a bunch of rocks in space influence my destiny.
A short drive into DY to pick up some Basil Seed drink and Young Coconut Juice, then get my head shaved by the wonderful little head shaving girl, then some down time in my hammock contemplating my navel.

No comments: