Friday, January 06, 2006

Mad day off, after a 8 hour sleep, which is excessive for me, normally i sleep 4-5 hours max, but for some reason last night it was a long one. So up for a long walk with Pan and then off to meet Mike at the Mall, he's filled with conspiracy theories about 9-11, global warming and the US right now. It's got to the point now with most people that they are more distrusting of the US than any other govt on the planet. Me, I have no idea, i think they are all politicians; they are all guilty of something.
Anyway, after wandering around we went to see Jim Jaramush's new film, Broken Flowers. Bill Murry plays a lonely old guy visiting his ex lovers trying to find out if they may be the mother of his son whom he only just found out he had. Murry kind of has the acting technique where you project your stuff onto his face, the film happens around him, not to him. It's quite a zen like technique, Jaramush uses very long takes on his subjects, it's an interesting style, although Dead Man is still my fave film.
Then at home I decided to watch an older fave, Man called Horse. Yeah it's dated, a bit kind of cliqued in places but far freakin out its a great film. Richard Harris plays his part so well, the English Lord, disillusioned by his privilege kidnapped by Indians, undergoes the Sun Ritual, a painful initiation into Warrior hood. Fucking Brilliant. I always loved the Indians more than the cowboys, they had better outfits and wore make up, they were not afraid of death; they had cool names and hair. Indians rule.
And my own theory, where the US went wrong. It lost it's esoteric root. It has no connection anymore, like a ship without an anchor, it cannot ever retain it's true identity, it is directionless and drifts aimlessly, neither true to it's spirit or its people. It's just a theory folks, don't get angry, Australia is a similar boat.
And on a more personal note, i saw the girl of my dreams today, she's called Digital Sushi and she lives in Bondi. That's all I really know about her but I think she looks pretty gorgeous. Ho Hum. I wanna capture her soul and spirit and eat it up. Is that bad? Maybe I'll just take her photo instead, same thing really.
I am so bored with political correctness. Can we just get rid of it, what’s wrong with people just saying what they think? If it’s offensive, people can just fuck off.

No comments: