Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hot and sticky no surf today, just a wet downpour, the heavens opened up like biblical times, joy to behold the sexy Brazilian girl dancing in the streets, while the rest of the European northern beaches ran for shelter, here comes the rain, i love the rain.
Actually I don't like the rain, i like it hot, dry and good conditions for surf.
Well folks I was exhausted and slept a sound sleep last night, waking in time for coffee and a morning debrief with the professor, i saw old James Lovelock has a new book out called Gias Revenge and I think any one that doubts my bleak out look should read this. I should like to point out that I am not a bleak person, i rejoice that civilization is about to end. It's the best thing for this planet and all the wonderful life that inhabits it. Lovelock states that some peoples will survive, possibly in the Arctic. The survivors will be the civilizations that have not changed fundamentally, they will be the humans that escape. Suckers like us, dependent on so many resources for our needs will be fucked. I have made my peace with my god so i really don't mind. It's to late to do anything other than accept the inevitable with an open heart.
I spent my life facing fear, death and me often tango together and it's not so bad, quite relaxing. Anyways lets move on to other things, like music, did i mention i picked up the new Patti Smith package of Horses, Fuck man that's a great album.
It's rare for me to listen to anything other than the church but there is music that is transformative and horses will blow your mind, rip your soul apart and take you into the realms of shamanic experience.
Patti Smith. A girl called Johnny.
So been playing around with a new kind of song, 'Lizards' it's rock and roll, guitars, drums a big base sound and lots of backing vocals.


Lizards

Welcome to the monkey house
have a banana
you're a Komodo dragon
and your girlfriend's an iguana

laying on rocks in the sun
catching flies just for fun

hanging on to pre history
nonchalant glamorous cool
like two sexy beasts
hanging around the swimming pool

cold blooded reptilian style
shed some skin and make me smile

living life's little luxuries
on a rich man's expense account
merging with your environment
like a chameleon in a monkeys house

I have a on going discussion with a friend who seems to think that it is impossible for a mind to be fully conscious, he thinks that there has to be a subconscious whereas I feel that it is possible to be completely conscious. These are the differences between a Magickian and a Mystic, the Mystic surrenders to the universe, the Magickian controls it. Oh is that arrogant? That man should have control over everything, hey that is the sad and lonely truth, you just choose the easy option all the time. You're responsible for your own life baby.

1 comment:

fergal said...

aye aye cap'n! ;)