Thursday, December 22, 2005

I am being stalked by a strange chinese girl. She has called over a few times and dragged me through supermarkets and to a BBQ down the road to meet other locals, despite my protests. In turn I managed to deflect her by saying that Proffessor Leary was really intrested in her and was looking forwards to talking to her, having spent a lot of time wandering China. Seemed to do the trick.
The BBQ was not to bad, very beer conciousness, but the guys were all well travelled which kind of made it intresting.
Following morning I am discussing the inevitable end of civilization with Evan. He's heading inland to grow veggies.
My whole take on the end is there is no escape, its really a matter of following the Books of the Dead. Make your preperations and embrace the moment. States of mind.
Later we went for dinner and further discussed the apocoylpse. I am kind of looking forwards to it in a perverse kind of way. I guess i feel like i have already lived through a few so one more will not make a difference.
Read RAWs 'Thing that Ate the Constitution.'
Nice explaination of where the US went wrong and a great Italian Interview with him at the back of the book.

No comments: